Monday, September 22, 2014

My First Week @ JAMN 94.5

My "wake-me up" at 5:30am
 The first week at my internship has been amazing so far! I've only been there for a short period of time and I've already learned so much. On Tuesday Justin gave me an over view of all of my responsibilities as a Production Assistant which I already posted a separate blog where I give details. 


This week I did many things. I came up with great ideas for the show, which included topics and discussions that they can have on the air. I created mini biographies on artist. I also podcasted all of the on-air segments and handled the ticket give-aways as I usually do.


What made my first week really amazing was when I had the amazing opportunity to go on live on the air! The topic of the day was about gay people and I I got the amazing opportunity to educate the morning listeners on pansexuals and what it means to be attracted to personalities instead of gender. I was on the air for about 10 minutes. If you want to listen, you can go to jamn945.com and click "podcast", and the title of the segment is "Our New Intern is a Pansexual", I podcasted the segment myself.

I got amazing feedback from Santi after I was on the air, he told me I was funny and that I made him laugh, and he re-assured me that thats a very good thing. I also am now "cool" with Ashlee. I went and got an omelet for her (which I am very happy I did because now I feel very comfortable talking to her), and she even let me use her charger because my phone died. I can't forget to mention the the entire reason why I was on the air was because of Justin. He's the one who went inside the studio and let the team know I was pansexual and open to talking about it on the air.


Mariela Sanchez
Communications Internship
Senior Year



No comments:

Post a Comment