Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Production Assistant Responsibilities

This is the building where JAMN is located
As a production assistant intern for JAMN 94.5 I have many responsibilities. Bellow is a breakdown of all my responsibilities as the only intern at the entire station:

Schedule:
Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:30am-10:00pm

Location:
10 Cabot Road. Medford Massachusetts.
I take a taxi there every morning (price ranges from $15-20) and the train back to the Back Bay (only $2.00)

Duties:
  • Podcast all on air segments. This means I have to add all the content that was on the air to the online website and this is also where the iHeart radio content comes from.


  • Manage ticket giveaway. So basically when ever they say the "cue to call" on the air, I have to run to the phones and count for caller 25. I have to take caller 25's information, add it to the paperwork (which will go to the promotions team), and also give the caller's information to Ramiro so he can say it on the air. We do ticket giveaways 2 times during the show on a daily basis.


  • Create mini-biographies. So every morning I have to go on Nextgen, which is a program that shows all the songs that go on the air, and I have to write mini-biographies on the artist that are listed on nextgen. The biographies consist on basic information, such as their age, hometown, recent news such as gossip, ect.


  • Come up with ideas and topics. So if I feel like something in the show sucks, I can write a detailed explanation as to my I think it sucks or why I think it should be changed. If I ever come up with a great idea, I can also write about it and submit it to Santi. I can also come up with cool discussions for the show, and cool topics to talk about. I really think this is where I will get the opportunity to shine and demonstrate my creativity.

  • Create games for the show. Self explanatory. Basically if I come up with any pranks, I can submit then to Santi, and if he thinks they are cool, they will consider doing these pranks on the air.
Mariela Sanchez
Communications Internship
Senior Year

No comments:

Post a Comment